Wednesday, March 18, 2009

: Jenny & Owen's engagement session


Jenny & Owen - 06, originally uploaded by Parris Studios:.

Central Coast, CA
03.14.09

I went up the 101 this last weekend to shoot the beautiful couple at two of their favorite spots, Avila Beach & the spot of the proposal, Montana De Oro. Being back up there was spectacular, it really is such a beautiful place, oak trees, green fields, fog (i love the fog!), it's just so great and I couldn't think of any place I'd rather shoot the beautiful couple!!

I absolutely love the central coast! When I moved from Nampa, ID (just outside of Boise), i moved to Cambria and became a Coast Union Bronco. 2 amazing years of fun and general shenanigans & tom foolery! In the last year I met Owen, always had a smile on his face, athletic and was a blast to be around. Of course, he was a Freshman and I was a Senior, but with a small school (our class had 68 graduating) you got to know people.

We started out the day at Avila, it was a wee bit windy (and by wee, I mean pretty crazy), we walked the pier (above & below, freaky below, true story!), walked the beach, climbed 30 feet in the air onto a pipe, you know, normal things :) So much fun!!

Jenny & Owen - 01

Jenny & Owen - 03

Jenny & Owen - 02

Love this!

Jenny & Owen - 04

Jenny & Owen - 05

Jenny & Owen - 06

Jenny & Owen - 08

This is about 30 feet up... they were absolutely game for it, which is always awesome!!

Jenny & Owen - 09

I think this might be my favorite of the day, hard to choose, but it has love & Chucks - bonus all around!

Jenny & Owen - 07

Jenny & Owen - 12

On our way to see if we can get into a field of yellow flowers...

Jenny & Owen - 13

Field was a bust, but I loved what we got here. Close runner up to favorite...

Jenny & Owen - 10

Love...

Jenny & Owen - 11

It!

Jenny & Owen - 14

I <3 reflections!

Jenny & Owen - 15

Then it was off to Montana De Oro and the spot of the actual engagement. Thankfully, it wasn't freezing like it was when Owen popped the question. It was such a wonderful location: rocks, waves, awesomeness...

It was still a bit chilly, i won't lie

Jenny & Owen - 16

Jenny & Owen - 18

Another close favorite...

Jenny & Owen - 19

seriously, too many favorites!

Jenny & Owen - 17

A quick detour on the way back, I love detours :)

Jenny & Owen - 20

Jenny & Owen - 21

And as an added bonus, besides having the pleasure of their company for the day, making some beautiful pictures in beautiful locations... I was treated to lunch at Firestone Grill, soooo ridiculously good! Mmmmm, The Piiiiiiig!

A huge mahalo to Jenny & Owen, I'm so looking forward to October!! And thanks to Bryce Ashland (Owen was a groomsmen in Bryce's wedding) for coming along, chatting, hanging and helping out!

Jenny & Owen will be getting married in October and I am so stoked to be shooting their wedding!! Thanks for the wonderful day all!!

Much aloha!

Will

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Will! Always such gorgeous shots! I love the one where you're in the water, simply amazing! You are truly an artist!

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Clan Piccini said...

That was my thought, too... the water one was awesome!

Your love for mirrors and reflections is awesome!